The NHS stands at the dawn of a new decade, facing great challenges ahead. A rising population, the integration of advanced technology and machinery into healthcare, support for medical research and the drive to secure improvements in patient care will continue to be key areas affecting performance. Crucial to meeting these challenges will be any extra funding that is allocated to the NHS in Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid’s budget announcement in March 2020.
It is important that new suppliers to the NHS are aware of all these factors. If you want to find and win NHS tenders in 2020, Supply2Gov can help.
NHS procurement – what you need to know
The NHS operates through different models in the UK under NHS England, NHS Scotland, NHS Wales and NHS Northern Ireland. Currently, the NHS:
- Accounts for around 80% of all healthcare spending in the UK
- Is free to use for people who have lived in the UK for at least six months
- Is the fifth largest employer in the world, with over 1.5 million employees
- Deals with over one million patients every 36 hours
- Is supported by UK health expenditure
Every year, the NHS spends about £27 billion on procuring goods, works and services. That statistic indicates the sheer size of the NHS and the volume of public sector healthcare tenders available. The NHS is constantly looking for new suppliers which can help solve the many complex problems the organisation faces. The health service is therefore an attractive buyer for businesses of all shapes, sizes and specialisms.
Benefits of working with the NHS
There are numerous reasons why supplying to the NHS should appeal to private sector businesses. Winning NHS contracts comes with a great number of benefits, including:
- Gain credibility and get the references your business needs to win wider work
- High quantity and quality business opportunities
- The Government’s ‘Prompt Payment’ policy means that 80% of all invoices submitted by suppliers to the public sector are paid within five days, with the rest being paid within 30 days
- Opportunity to forge innovative and collaborative strategies in procurement, to solve the complex challenges the NHS faces
The NHS is an amazingly versatile buyer to work with. The organisation’s demand for services and solutions of all kinds is constant, which is great news for suppliers looking to work with a reputable UK authority whose requirements span all industry sectors.
Win NHS tenders in 2020
How can Supply2Gov help?
Supply2Gov’s portal is powered by the UK’s largest database of health sector tenders. If your micro or small business wants to grow its client base and work with the NHS, find more opportunities with Supply2Gov.
We can help you get started by sending you NHS tenders straight to your inbox, for free. We offer all new users access to a local area of their choice.
Never miss an NHS tender opportunity again.